Sunday, August 17, 2008

State Fair Bingo

So I start (paying!) work at the Great New York State Fair on Thursday. I'm a sausage cook for [company redacted], which makes some of the most delicious meat products you will ever eat--honestly I'd probably work for [company] for free if I could eat their food all day (and if I wasn't broke).

The best part of working at the fair, besides the free admission, free food, and 120 degree heat, is the people-watching. Last summer, a friend and I worked at a gas station, Nice N' Easy, and invented Nice N' Easy Bingo™, where each player drew six boxes and penciled in six regular customers (usually construction workers and burnout high school classmates). The first player to cover all six boxes won. (We didn't get too much work done.) In the spirit of continuing that tradition, I present New York State Fair Bingo™, as seen from my perspective behind the steam table at [company]:


So there you have it. Anyway, I'm out for now...come to the fair!

Dan

2 comments:

Andrew said...

LMAO! I used to work at my dad's bakery and we would come up with funny names for the customers...."Almost Homeless Bob," "Creepy Gary," "High Sock Mike" It was the only thing that kept me from killing myself!

- jaymes bee - said...

BAHAHAHA! that's too funny!

it's a sad but true world... that's for sure.